I’m writing in Penang this week and have specifically travelled here to write 60,000 words (or a complete book!) I’ll only be away for one week and need your help to keep me on track.
To make sure I don’t slack off and spend all week eating Roti and getting foot massages I’m running a small giveaway for my loyal readers and subscribers. All you have to do to win is guess how many words I’ll manage to get written between 8pm 23 May (tonight) and midnight on Monday 30 May, 2016. The person who guesses closest without going over will be the winner. (If more than one person guesses the winning answer I’ll have a random draw from those people to find a supreme champion!)
To make things fairer I won’t be checking any of the entries until I land back in Australia the night of Monday 30 May. I’ll be home just before midnight so this fits nicely with the writing time. I won’t know how little or how many you guys have chosen until the time to write more has already passed.
Just to give you some idea of what I can achieve when I’m writing in my ‘zone’:
- My personal goal is 60,000 minimum for this week. If I get really enthused there’s a slim chance I could get to 100,000 words. Really, really slim!
- I once wrote 16,000 words in one day, sitting at Mcdonalds for seven hours.
- Sometimes I ignore my goals and play on facebook (or get massages!)
- I’m banking on self-discipline to help me finish three more books before the end of June.
- I used to often write 1500 words in the morning before work.
- I’ll be doing most of this writing at BBQ Nights – a quite restaurant right on the beach in Penang.
- HINT: You should definitely choose a number over 20,000. If I write anything lower than that and I’m giving up writing forever!
All you need to do is click on the words below in pink to join the rafflecopter competition and record your guess!
If you came here from my facebook page and want to be in the know for future giveaways click here.