I’m busy planning my new products to help you write your own book this year and I’m almost ready to release the first one – a couple of hours on the weekend and we are there! While I’ve been working on it I’ve been thinking about who inspires me the most when I’m hanging out online.
You know, you’re busily writing, making lists, pretty checklists and preparing for audio recordings…..and your mind wanders to that cool blog post you just read by one of your favourite online peeps!
I figured I’d tell you about the amazing women I know (or follow/stalk) online. Maybe you have your own list of ladies whose stuff you read and you always feel like they are talking exactly to you? I particularly love when my favourite ladies are naughty – one in particular uses the F bomb with wild abandon. She’ll happily tell you that it gets her a few haters – but I love her even more because she’s just herself. I’m not sure the F word was meant to be funny but I often laugh out loud when I read one of her posts!
These are the types of people I love to follow. The ones who get you (even if they don’t know who you are!) The ones that go the extra mile to help other people out. Those that give enormous value without the expectation of getting anything back in return.
So enough of my ramblings. Let me tell you about these fab women and encourage you to go check them out too. My list is in no particular order of course lest I start an Internet war!
- Serena Star Leonard. Honestly how can you not love someone who has ‘Star’ in their name? I can’t! I first discovered Serena when I bought her book at the airport in Melbourne in 2011 (I will NOT bore you all with this story again but here’s a link so you can read all about the life changing plans that Serena’s book inspired!) I would not have discovered all the other ladies on this list if I hadn’t made such a big life change! Since reading Serena’s book I’ve done a course or two with her online and they’ve been AH-MAH-ZING! I’ve learnt so much and achieved a tonne as a direct result. When I manage to get my hot little hands on a book publishing deal in the next couple of years, Serena will be the reason! I’ve had coaching sessions with her that have jumped me forward in leaps and bounds and I now stalk Serena online at all hours of the night and day (it helps she’s on the other side of the world!) She even kindly included my adventures in her second book and declared me her bestie! My life was suddenly complete! True story….Here’s the proof…..
- Kylie Gabutto. This chick rocks! I met her in an online coaching program and I could tell straight away she was fab. Classy, fun and just a bit elegant is my Kylie! I’ve had the good fortune to be part of Kylie’s online business course offerings last year and I have to say she really knows her stuff. If you need marketing or sales help or someone to pierce right through to the heart of your problem, Kylie is your Gal. Check out how pretty her website is. Check out how pretty her facebook page is. Kylie makes this stuff look easy and she’s a pleasure to follow online. I may stalk her a little too (anyone noticing a pattern?) This week I noted she called me a CREATIVE GENIUS! I considered crying, I was so chuffed!
- Adrienne Smith. Adrienne is one of those ladies that you imagine eats Energizer batteries for breakfast because really, who could have this much energy? Check out the comments section of any page of her blog and you’ll see what I mean. Adrienne answers every single comment. Every single one! Now, I do too, but I only have a couple to reply to! Adrienne sometimes gets hundreds of comments on a thread and she replies to EVERY SINGLE ONE. Sometimes I’m reluctant to leave a comment when I’m just passing through but honestly, she loves it! When I discovered last week that she keeps a spreadsheet so that she knows who’s been commenting and for how long I was floored. I’m telling you, she must have some secret power to give her an extra 8 hours a day than the rest of us. How she even got time to release an online product last year is beyond me! Every time I visit her blog I feel all warm and fuzzy! And I’ve met some cool people through hanging around in her comments. Which leads me to……
- Deborah Tutnauer. Deb and I connected in the comments of Adrienne’s blog. How cool is that? (It still blows my mind that you can ‘meet’ people on blogs and social media.) I find it incredibly difficult not to love someone in a cute black dress and big black boots! Deborah leaves me lovely comments full of thoughtful insights. Sometimes she comes back to add something she forgot. Love it, love it, love it! You’ll get sensible advice from her website with the odd interesting story thrown in! I do love stories!
- Ash Ambirge. Beware before you check out Ash’s site. The name should be warning enough if you’re a bit delicate. The Middle Finger Project is a cool and happening site with a community of fun loving and kick-ass peeps behind it. The facebook page Ash has set up is one of my favourite. Ash will send you some of the most inspiring emails you’ve ever received. She’ll probably send some of the most outrageous too. You’ll get used to it! Her website has a disclaimer at the top: Not for humorless bores! That about sums it up I think! I’ve learnt a tonne there about copywriting, business and generally being yourself. Ash’s emails are one of the few that I open straight away. ‘Nuff said!
So now you know who inspires me the most online!
You should definitely check those links I’ve very kindly provided and see if you can discover some awesome new ladies to follow too. I’d appreciate it if you left the stalking to me though – that’s kinda how I make friends, K?
Keep your eyes peeled for my new book writing course which is coming next week too.
AND please tell me in the comments who inspires you the most everyday…..